1918

Mrs. T. C. Delaney of Memphis, TX brought girls to this beautiful area in 1918 when she was Conference Director of Youth Work for the Missionary Society. A stained glass window in the tabernacle states Mrs. Delaney’s camp motto, “OTHERS.” Ice blocks were brought in twice a week. Tents were used for sleeping, lanterns were used for light, and campfires were used for cooking food. The charge for one week of camp was $1.00.